Do a reality check before starting your next project by answering these questions, also known as The Heilmeier Catechism.
- What are we trying to do? What is the problem we are trying to solve?
- How is it done today, and what are the limitations of current practice?
- What is new in our approach, and why do we think it will be successful? What gives evidence that it will work?
- Assuming we are successful, what difference does it make?
- How long will it take, how much will it cost, and what are the mid-term and final exams?